Five great family days out in Cheshire this Summer
We’re well into the swing of the 6-weeks holidays and things are starting to slow down. For many parents the Summer holidays stir up an annual sense of dread – How exactly do you keep the little people entertained for an entire six-weeks? If you work from home, part-time or are a stay-at-home parent the Summer Holidays can feel endless.
If you’re lucky enough to get away for a week or so the bump back to earth following your holiday can add to the misery. However, all is not lost. For those of you who live in Cheshire and the surrounding area (or are planning on visiting) there are plenty of great family days out available to you, as well as a wide variety of luxury boutique hotels in Cheshire for those of you planning on an overnight stay.
Here are our top five family days out!:
- Crocky Trail – Waverton, Cheshire. Open from 10am to 5pm daily, the Crocky Trail is the perfect adventure playground for the little (dare) devils. With giant slides, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities and excellent facilities, Crocky Trail is an award winning day out.
- Chester Zoo – A ‘go to’ for many families, Chester Zoo offers a huge of variety of animals and activities – it really is the ideal family day out.
- Lyme Park – Part of the National Trust, Lyme Parks stunning surroundings make for the perfect picnic location. Coupled with a children’s play area and various activities including their children’s quiz/trail, you can really make a day of it. Lyme Park offers excellent facilities including baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats on loan.
- The Ice-Cream Farm – Tattenhall, who doesn’t like ice-cream?? The Ice-cream Farm not only offers delicious ice-cream it is also has excellent play areas for the little ones. It may not be suitable for those of us with older children.
- Into the blue, Frodsham. For those with older children there is Into the Blue, offering a hover crafting experience strictly for kids (over the age of 7). The kids can safely slip, slide and electro-glide across the soggy marshland of Frodsham to their hearts content!
If you’re planning on an overnight stay, there are many great hotels in the Cheshire area. One such boutique hotel and wedding venue in Cheshire is Soughton Hall Hotel. With 14 individually decorated to choose from it really is a beautiful place to stay near leafy Chester with the kids. Or, if you need a break once the holidays are over – without them! For more information contact Soughton Hall Hotel on 01352 840811 or visit their website here.